Tuesday 22 March 2016

Gulaal !!







Being a Jain I have learnt not to waste water unnecessarily. But being a human I have experienced that never to waste a single moment which who knows can be unknowingly source of joy. Well this situation is truly a dilemma. Now how will I be able to play Holi. Water or colors or just social sites! Excess water usage will ruin my values; colors may be skin sensitive, while just plain texts would be boredom.

Well not wasting water literally makes sense. There is still a major chunk in India which still suffers of this water shortage problem. We people usually go insane when our comfort zones that is a.c., water coolers or fans suffer from glitch and we have to spend just few hours without them. But you know there are still people in this nation whose happiness doesn't lie in such luxurious materialistic things. Their happiness lies in just basic needs such as food, clothe and home.

I have been constantly reading the success story of startups nowadays. Be it the Bangalore Cleanliness startup or Indore's recent Med startup. Wow! Technically we have so much innovation that just one click and get the most desirable stuff ignoring all the vague.  But isn't it true that the more we are becoming technology driven, the more we are forgetting our values.  In India still only 38 percent people have access to internet. Many rural areas are still facing the issue of water shortage, power shortage, food etc. Here the point isn't to be sympathetic towards them. They better know how to prove their capabilities and strive for what they want.

The only point that is being exaggerated is we as future drivers should understand the value of our natural resources and should not take them for granted. We should be careful if any leakage occurs at our surroundings. We should consume only that much water that we require. I have learnt this value from my 4rth standard student.  One day she asked me for water. I served her full glass of water. She asked me to make it half. I asked her why? She replied ' I don't require full glass I just require half amount of it and we should not waste water. I gently smiled and thanked her for opening my eyes. Children may be small but give us big teachings in simplest ways. I f you see today not just Rajasthan even Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh are equally suffering the problem of water shortage.

Since its Holi, so reminder reminder!! On this occasion we will really prove to be sensitive and tolerant. But to overcome this issue Holi wouldn't be enough we every day need to follow few basics to eradicate this issue such as:
  •       Only consume that much of water which is required
  •     Use bucket instead of taking a shower
  •     Use rice water for washing utensils and mopping
  •     In case of any leakage repair it asap

If we all take an oath to follow such basic things we will certainly make this a better nation to reside in.

But the good thing is finally I am out of dilemma. I have found a wonderful way of celebrating Holi. How about celebrating this grand occasion with small kiddos? Because their smile heals every pain and so whole heartedly our AnantAman family invite you on this auspicious occasion of Holi to celebrate it with a social cause on 28th March 2k16.

This Holi, play safe, go eco-friendly & save water. Dry Holi is best Holi.



Happy Holi




By Poorva Banthiya

No comments:

Post a Comment