Tuesday 15 March 2016

Do you have girlfriend or boyfriend or still messed up ?



Well this can be rated as the topmost rated question of the century which at most times is asked by people and sometimes by ourselves (Lol). Just like advancements in technology relationships too have got highly advanced and rapid. Few centuries back people use to jitter when they were supposed to propose their beloveds. While today situation has just gone reverse. People are too confident to confess even those whom they do not love at all may be because of the thought many will come,many will go (56 aayegi, 56 jayegi meri dulhania toh meri mummy hi layegi). Bitter but true. Although I am strong supporter of women empowerment yet I wouldn't hesitate in revealing the truth. Nowadays, girls are no less cunning than boys may be like (3-4 boyfriend ye to aam baat hai.. ye toh aam baat hai).

Well let me put few illustrations of our society. If a girl is cute or beautiful then she is perceived as reserved and if not a guy would love to be with her. Like if a boy is tall, dark,  handsome or bearded every girl would covertly admire him to be hers. Just a few set of perceptions and we people go crazy. The hilarious segment is that very soon we people start forecasting our future with that particular guy or girl because of just those trivial physical appearances. This is how fast we are.

I remember one of the most common played games among youngster. Can you guess it? Yeah I am talking about ‘Truth and Dare’. Every time people think of this there is bombardment of similar set of questions such as do you have bf or gf? , did you had someone in past? What sort of girl or guy you want in your future?  Well levels of questions vary but these are some hackneyed questions. Enjoyment is okay but what's wrong with us. Why we are so much interested in others life. Aren't we happy with our lives? No doubt globalization has changed lives it has raised our standards. But every time adapting that London culture is mere foolishness. If they people have the culture of witching from one to another. Why are we not following it. We aren't followers, we are achievers, innovators.

Our Indian culture says that ' if you want a husband like Shree Ram you have to practice to become goddess Sita and vice versa. But it is unfortunate that we Indian people have become so much adamant that we have forgotten Indian values. It's candid that our Indian culture is flexible and welcoming. But excess flexibility of our cultural values just to become adaptive can break it.

I remember a very small incident that happened to me recently. While I was teaching a 9th standard student his cell was continually beeping. I asked him to off his data connection. As soon as he did it off just few moments and his cell rang. He replied very sweetly ' Hey sweety! Right now I am outside I'll call you back soon. I was stunned I asked him who was she (although I knew).  He replied my latest gf. I was like if you will do these chores at early years what will be left for your mature years then?

Well this is how things are nowadays. But still if somebody questions you whether you are single or in relationship. Do not hesitate. Reveal the truth.  I have seen many hesitate while saying that they are single. But the best part is if you are single you are living your life to the fullest. You are yours and you should be proud of it as you are not blindly following that flock of sheep. But yeah just saying a no won't do. You should respond really well with a big smile and a small piece of advice that I believe in the most ' I am single I need not give justification but one thing that I can pass on is  ' Build less amorous relationships and more work relationships'. Nothing is awesome than that. This will certainly turn the coffee more hot and chocolaty.
Love being single.  Don't regret. You are at your best.  Rest is all your thought process.
All the best.



By Poorva Banthiya

No comments:

Post a Comment